Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Adventures


The adventure on Sunday was Fossil Rock in Yelm, WA! Of course who was to know that figuring out how to get there would be so tricky! The driving directions were close but not close enough. Luckily, we were able to ask people the whole way up the trail and before we knew it we were standing on Fossil Rock! At first before we decided to abandon the car and walk the dusty gravel rd, gated off to cars, we asked a hiker if this was the location of fossil rock. He informed us, "Yea, there’s a rock up there on your right hand side.” Sam was only slightly amused that we had found the location because he was for sure this was not going to be a very big rock. He informed me that just knowing the terrain of Washington it’s not going to be that big. After the very helpful hiker pulled out his hand held GPS and told us that it is only 2.3 miles we headed down the road. Of course it was a trail to the right where Sam said I think we should go up this. My reply, um…. No I don’t think so. Just in the nick of time a couple of hikers came down the trail Sam thought we should go on. For the record ALWAYS LISTEN TO SAM! : ) I asked them if fossil rock was up there and they said “yea, where’s your climbing gear?”From that point I knew it couldn’t be the little boulders sitting on the side of the trail as Sam kept informing me that “well, there it is fossil rock!” Sam could play all he wants with me but it was when we rounded a corner Sam said “well, it looks like I’m going to eat my words!” Let’s just say Fossil Rock is bigger than a pebble! The hike up there was well worth it Mt. Rainer was off in the distance clear as day! Oh and once we reached the top some random sunflowers were growing! A great adventure!  







No comments:

Post a Comment